Our client in Cambridge, MA is looking for a Sr. Administrative assistant. This is a long term consulting position. If interested, please apply to this ad or send a most recent copy of your resume with job # and job title in the subject line to email@example.com
Title: Sr Administrative Assistant
Job #: 14-00655
Location: Cambridge, MA
Contact: Ninad, Phone: 516 204 7075, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive level support to Senior Director and other senior leaders of the Global Decision Support department. Global Decision Support Team consists of five functions - GDS Operations, Insights & Analytics, Market Research, Strategic Forecasting and Competitive Intelligence.
- Time allocated - 80% Senior Director of GDS, Dir. Of Insights & Analytics, Insights & Analytics Team and GDS Operations. 20% to other functions of GDS (Market Research, Strategic Forecasting, Competitive Intelligence) when needed.
- Responsibilities include calendar management, scheduling meetings and travel, expense reimbursement, financial and budget support, communication support and other special projects as requested.
- The person in this role must be able to interact with Global Decision Support staff and others at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, calm, resourceful and efficient. This position requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, results-focus, and the ability to keep sensitive material and conversations strictly confidential. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Specific tasks will include:
- Calendar management -Manages all aspects of the calendar mainly for the Senior Director of GDS and Director of Insights & Analytics, also providing back-up coverage to GDS Co Admin who supports the Director of Market Research, Strategic Forecasting and Competitive Intelligence when needed. Ensures appropriate time management (schedules prep time for important meetings, time to read emails, etc.); schedule and arrange meetings. Scan incoming meeting invitations for importance.
- Provide finance and budget support to the team by understanding requirements for initiating and processing purchase orders, tracking invoices and project budget accruals through the payment process and working with the finance, purchasing and strategic sourcing department to manage practice groups budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant company policies and procedures, including but not limited to purchasing, strategic sourcing, financial and budgetary policies and compliance protocols, and be prepared to provide information to the entire group in this regard as required.
- Manage expense reporting for supported staff by preparing and submitting expense reports, often including complex international travel related transactions.
- Logistic support, coordination and set up of meetings, events, off sites, etc. Managing the process from startup, arranging location and necessary equipment prepare agenda and relevant information, prepare minutes and other relevant tasks.
- Availability outside of office hours for support or facilitation of communication with international affiliates.
- Prepare International Business travel arrangements for department. Understands preferences of supported staff, and proactively troubleshoots and addresses travel conflicts. Additionally, generates detailed itineraries, including arranging visitor offices and coordinating office support needs in satellite locations.
- Systems knowledge - BAM / Cost center, manager changes, terminations, on- boarding Delegated OTL responsibilities. Organizes back-up coverage during absences, vacations etc. and identifies the need for additional support during periods of increased department workload.
- Trains or familiarizes new staff on company work processes and procedures, and acts as a resource to new employees as required.
- Judgment -- Understands priorities and makes decisions with limited information. Acts with responsible decision-making
- Leadership - Spokesperson and liaison to manager, represents manager and company internally and externally.
- Problem Solving - Anticipates needs and potential obstacles; provides assistance in identifying and communicating solutions. Applies innovative problem solving methods and generates ideas; is solution oriented; communicates outcomes. Implements and communicates solutions and outcomes. Flexibility and adaptability to understanding and being able to use office software (Oracle, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Discretion/Latitude - Write and distribute communications on behalf of manager with minimal to zero review/approval. Limited supervision; understands priorities and makes responsible decisions with limited information; accomplishes tasks independently.
- Ownership - Identifies gaps and inefficiencies and accepts ownership & accountability to address issues and implement solutions.
- Confidant and Liaison - Provides verbal and written communication on sensitive issues; exercising independent judgment & discretion.
- Conflict management - Understands the conflict or difficult issue and acts with diplomacy. Communicates issue to manager and takes responsibility for follow through and response whether it is by the assistant or the manager (depending on complexity).
- Change management- Embraces communication and change; fosters and communicates positive message; helps others get on board with message. Changes process, programs and values by actively participating in needs identification and implementation.
Required experience & qualifications:
- 5+ years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Highly organized, can manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in execution and accountability for project coordination and, or management.
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving and proactive dealing with complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Must have proficiency with computers, including MS office suite and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
- Technical skill depth, need to understand more than the basics of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent communication skills (writen and verbal)
- Understanding of priorities and how to ask for clarification
- Ability to anticipate what is needed
- Flexibility to stop in the middle of something to change gears and work on something else
- Understanding for when to push back and request justification / clarification
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and desire to create and implement new processes
- Ability to take feedback and improve from the feedback ability to communicate with various types of personalities without getting flustered
- Ability to do well under pressure and with high expectations of performance
- Fit to the culture -- can drive things forward on their own with little assistance
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry a plus